Recipe: Spinach Super Green Dog Biscuits
As we're growing as a society, it's pretty clear that most people are starting to truly understand the importance of eating real foods, utilizing herbs and foods as medicine when possible and eating with the seasons. If you're here reading this, I know you are apart of this part of the population.
I love working with and chatting with all of you because you're open to the notion that our dogs are also living creatures who deserve and THRIVE off of the same ways of eating as we do. Yes, their dietary needs are different than ours but they NEED real food and medicine, just like us.
This is why I'm excited to offer my new, first come first serve, limited time Seasonal Biscuits that will change with the seasons! It's a fun way to help your pup eat with the seasons and give you more ideas on how to incorporate these foods into your dogs diet. I will be selling a limited number of bags per drop but I will also be sharing the recipes here so you can make them for your pup if you'd like. I'm here to share the love with you and your pup, so let's get started!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Pumpkin puree - 1 15oz. Can
- Coconut flour - 2 C
- Banana - 1
- Chia seeds (ground or whole) - 3 TB
- Peanut Butter - 2 Scoops
- Spinach - 1.5 handfuls
- Super Green Powder (optional) - 2 TB
- A fork
- A bowl or kitchen aid / electric mixer
- A baking sheet
- A foor processor
- Coffee grinder
- Slotted turner spatula
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Smash the banana in a bowl with a fork.
- Add pumpkin puree and peanut butter and mix thoroughly.
- Blend spinach and a little bit of water in a food processor until liquified.
- Pour the spinach liquid into the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Ground chia seeds in the coffee grinder.
- Add chia seeds to the mix and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in Super Greens Powder if desired.
- Slowly add coconut flour and mix continuously.
- Oil your baking sheet.
- Once fully mixed, place dough on oiled baking sheet and press out with the palm of your hand to flatten and spread dough.
- Continue to spread and flatten dough with your palm and fingers until dough is even. Roughly 1/2 inch thick or around the height of your fingernail.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees and bake for about 45 minutes. Keep an eye on it since all ovens are different and can bake items at different speeds.
- Once the top looks baked, take the slotted turner spatula and carefully flip the biscuits upside down.
- Place biscuits back in the oven for just a few minutes and the bottoms will cook up quickly.
- Let cool, place in a storage container of your liking and make sure to feed one to your pup!
- Best stored in fridge to keep fresh.
WHY THESE HERBS:
- Spinach is a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals including, Vitamin A, B, C and K along with iron and beta-carotene.
- Spinach is also a high source of antioxidants which help counteract free radical damage.
- Spinach also adds roughage to your dogs diet that supports a healthy digestive system.
- Super Greens Powder includes Nettle leaf, Alfalfa leaf and Wheat Grass which are extremely high in a variety of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Some consider these herbs as nature's multivitamin.
- Super Greens Powder also includes Spirulina which is an algae which helps to strengthen the immune system, cleanse the body of toxins, improve digestion and gastrointestinal health and improve skin and coat health.
- Kelp is also included in the Super Greens Powder which helps to regulate gland activity including the thyroid, adrenal and pituitary glands. It also helps reduce allergy symptoms including itching and inflammation. Kelp contains amino acids which help aid in tissue repair which is extra beneficial after an injury, surgery or an intense workout.
- Ginger is added to the Super Greens Powder to help your dogs body assimilate these nutrients better, together. It also supports overall digestion.
Take a look at our Instagram page for a reel on how I made these biscuits to get a great visual!