Allergy Relief Coconut Snacks
Allergies are a frustrating situation for your dog and you! No one likes to see their dog uncomfortable, itching with watery eyes and nose while sneezing. This is a recipe that will help control the histamine reaction. If you decide to use either mushroom powder, over time their immune system will start to balance out and their bodies will begin to not respond to environmental allergens in the same way. The coconut oil in this recipe will also help bring moisture to their skin and reduce flaking and itchiness.
What you'll need:
- 3 TB - Nettle leaf
- 1 Tsp - Turkey Tail mushroom powder - optional
- 1 Tsp - Reishi Mushroom powder - optional
- 1/2 C. - Coconut oil
- Small crockpot
- Measuring cup
- Silicon molds or ice cube trays
What you'll do:
- Pour coconut oil into crock pot
- Turn on low and heat coconut oil until melted
- Pour desired herbs into coconut oil
- Heat on LOW for 2 hours. If coconut oil gets too hot, turn onto WARM for a bit until oil is not bubbling
- When done, let mixture cool down a little bit
- You want the mixture to still be liquid
- Do not strain and pour mixture into molds or ice cube trays
- Place in freezer
- Feed to your dog!
Depending on the size of your dog and the size of the allergy relief coconut snacks, feed 1-2 bites daily. These can be placed directly on their food and eaten with a meal or they can be given as a treat. If given as a treat, I'd recommend feeding them outside as the heat of their mouth will make the coconut oil melt and it could easily get on the floor, couch, etc.