DIY Healthy, Birthday or Gotcha Day Cake!
Our dog deserves better for their birthday 🎂 buying cheap, sugary, artificial colored & dyed “cakes” for your dog’s birthday is a thing of the past..
When we know better, we do better.
Make your dog a healthy “cake” that isn’t going to mess up their digestion & pollute them with artificial ingredients ❌
This easy recipe is ultimately a fancy meatloaf with a mashed baked potato frosting. Mix in our Super Greens Powder to add a bit of green color + nourishing herbs 🌿
I’d rather take the 30 minutes out of my day to make this for any of Leroy’s celebrations over feeding him sugary & artificial ingredients every time.
This is the perfect recipe for your dogs next birthday, gotcha day or any other day you just want to celebrate your favorite creature!
What you'll need:
- 1lb of raw meat - your choice! Think, beef, chicken venison, turkey or even your dog's pre-made food blends if that's how you feed.
- 2 eggs
- Coconut milk - few tablespoons
- 1/2 ish cup of flour - coconut is my favorite for dogs or oat flour would work
- Oil - olive or coconut to grease your baking pan
- Mashed baked sweet potato
- Coconut milk - 2-4 tablespoons
- Super Greens Powder
- Hemp seeds
What you'll do:
- Bake a potato until it's soft. Let this bake while you are prepping the rest of the cake. This will be for the frosting.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together 1lb raw meat and 2 eggs.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir until the flour is evenly folded into the meat. Go slow so you don't add too much flour. You want to mix in the flour just enough so you can't really see the flour anymore.
- Add in some coconut milk, a tablespoon at a time, to make the mixture a little more smooth.
- Grease the baking pan with some oil.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- In another mixing bowl, take the baked potato and mash it up.
- Add in a few tablespoons of coconut milk and mix until you have a smoother consistency for the frosting.
- Add in Furbal Remedies Super Green Powder to make green frosting. (Optional) You could also add beet powder (red) or spirulina (darker green)
- When the cake is done baking, take out of the oven and let cool.
- Spread frosting over cake.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds.
- Add a few blueberries or other fruits like raspberries, blackberries, apple slices, pear slices or whatever other fruit you have (no grapes!) on top.
- Cut out a slice for your pup, serve it up and let them enjoy!
Your dog gives you unconditional love and for their special celebrations, they're worth the littttttttle bit of extra work. It's not hard.. they LOVE it.. and you can feel at ease knowing you are feeding them the best cake, right from your kitchen!